As with any industry, your marijuana business can become successful through marketing targeted toward a specific audience. With the legalization of marijuana becoming more common and widespread, a new audience of customers is searching for where to buy their marijuana and related products. To target these customers and grow your business, you must use a variety of different marketing tactics. Consider these five tactics not only to target potential customers but to help you gain followers and earn new customers.
- Promote a Cause.Consumers often respond positively to a company when they promote and help sponsor a worthy cause. This type of sponsorship also comes with plenty of free advertising and marketing on its own. The first step is to find a cause that is relevant to your business. In the marijuana industry, many consumers are looking for stores that are for the legalization of marijuana and the study of marijuana for medicinal use. Donating to causes that benefit both recreational use as well as the advancement of medicinal marijuana research can help you gain new customers while also doing good. It’s also a great opportunity to market your brand to those who wouldn’t normally see it.
- Digital Marketing.As the world continues to shift from traditional media to the internet, companies must be ready to keep up. Digital marketing can be one of the most cost-effective ways to reach a large audience. The bare minimum for a successful business starts with a functional website. Many people want to easily learn basic information about your business such as how to contact you, information about your company, and what you offer. The more information you can provide the better. Many businesses choose to have their digital presence done by experts that specialize in cannabis marketing. Delegating work to others is one of the best ways to make sure you have time to focus on your business. And because agencies have the experience you likely lack, it is good to take advantage of their expertise.
- Social Media.With both free and premium options, social media marketing is now one of the best ways to reach a variety of customers and build a brand. The more brand recognition you have, the more business you can generate. The minimum in business social media is a Facebook page, where customers can learn about your store and product, like your page, and even leave reviews. Many younger customers, who tend to be a large audience in the marijuana industry, rely on social media for finding new businesses. You want to interact with customers on social media in a way that encourages them to respond. This could mean a post on Facebook with a survey that could lead to a discount offering. Providing an incentive will help potential customers get to know your business.
- Word of Mouth.Word of mouth marketing tends to be underestimated since it can’t be bought, but can always be a very powerful marketing tool. In the marijuana industry, many consumers compare different metrics for the products they use so it’s important to get customers talking about your products and store in their networks. A simple recommendation from a friend – which comes with added credibility – you can get dozens of potential leads. Paying attention to your online reviews, especially on Facebook and Google, is a great way to get an idea of what your customers are telling others.
- Media Advertising.Paid media advertising is not a dead art, and can even be used for marketing marijuana. With the marijuana industry continually growing, paid media advertising can be one of the best ways to let people know about a new or growing business. It is still a regulated space so it is important to get the input from professionals before starting your paid advertising campaigns in spaces like Google AdWords. Marketing for marijuana is very similar to other industries, though it does allow for its own nuances. With these five great tips, you should be able to find potential customers, grow your online following, and even gain new customers.